jueves, 11 de noviembre de 2010

San Juan Capistrano, CA



Today I want to talk about San Juan Capistrano, the city where I live. I never thought that I could find a place that I would like almost as my hometown in Mexico (Aguascalientes, which is my number one of course). However, I discovered SJC due to work, and I fell in love. This is the oldest city in California, and I have been obsessed with living in a place with history, that I can almost feel the ghost!. Where here is the oldest city in CA, which is still pretty new if you ask me, compared with OLD CITIES in other countries, but this is what I found. Here you can feel the mix of culture as on all Latinoamerica, of the native American and Spanish traditions. I live in a cottage from the 20's, I love coming home everyday. On ther corner of my house you will find a church, which bells you can hear everyday four times a day (it remembers to Mexico!), I have the library, coffee shops, fine restaurants, tennis fields, and you walk to all these places!

You will think that I was looking just for the most similar place to Mexico.... and you are right. However, SJC has the coolest American people. Everybody knows everybody (little town), they take care of the city and I would say they are pretty relaxed. If you know SJC you are thinking that all the people here are rich... well you are almost right.... but you will find some places (my place) where we are not rich at all, so we have to do a big effort to live here, it is an expensive place, but it is totally worth it.

I will post some pictures and I hope if you pass by California, this is one of your destinies if you like history. If you are my friend, what are you waiting to come and visit me!!!!! I would love to give you a Tour!

No hay comentarios: